I hear you’ve got some questions about eboo! Below are a bunch that I get asked a lot. If yours isn’t there, I’d be happy to answer it personally, just send me a note and I’ll get back to you.
about eboo & bambooware
eboo was started by eco-mums Melinda and Brenda who wanted to help reduce their dependence on plastics for health and environmental benefits. So our cute little eboo was borne!
Plastic is a petroleum-based material that leaches chemicals in our food, our bodies and the environment. So we started looking for an alternative.
We wanted a meal prep solution that was freezer friendly, microwave and dishwasher safe, and durable enough to travel!
Mostly, it had to be sustainably and ethically made – and bring some style into our lunch time.
It took some time, but we got there. Phew! And, now it’s all yours too.
Yes! All ebooware is high grade, non-toxic, food safe material made with bamboo fibre reinforced biocomposites, independently tested under the Certification Scheme Biobased Products (ASTM D6866) by Din Certo.
Our ebooware has also been independently tested by SGS, and certified food safe and microwave safe.
The term bioplastics refers to an entire family of biobased materials.
Biobased products, like bambooware, are technically equivalent to their fossil-based counterparts, without the landfill or harmful chemicals.
Gosh, there are so many reasons that make bambooware the smarter choice. eboo bambooware is:
- Biodegradable, safe, and durable
- Sustainably made
- Dour and stain resistant
- Dishwasher and microwave safe
- Freezer friendly, which really helps you meal prep like a pro
- Bamboo is more durable than plastic due to its long fibres, which makes it extremely strong. It also doesn’t contain petroleum. (Big plus!)
- You can safely put our bamboo in the dishwasher or the microwave without worrying that harmful chemicals are leaching into your food.
- It is biodegradable and doesn’t harm the environment and is non-toxic to organisms living in our oceans and soil.
- Bamboo grows naturally without any pesticides or chemical fertilizers.
- Bamboo is nature’s most sustainable resource and naturally regenerative. (YAY!)
- It’s is fast-growing, with shoots averaging up to 24 inches or more in a 24-hour period.
- Being sustainably farmed, doesn’t destroy the Panda’s natural habitat.
- Bamboo can be processed without harming the environment.
Yes! Silicone is a healthier alternative to plastic seals on containers. Silicone is non-toxic, petroleum-free and rubber-like in texture. These factors not only make it healthier for you and the planet, but also more durable and longer lasting than most plastics.
Fun Fact: Silicone is a synthetic polymer made from the Earth’s element silicon, which is the second most abundant element in the earth’s crust and makes up about 27% of the average rock.
Silicone is also awesome to use because it’s:
- Freezer proof (so your containers won’t freeze shut like normal plastics can)
- Microwave safe (no nasties leaching into your food and drink
- Dishwasher safe (yay!)
- When your ebox arrives, wash it before use. Wash with warm, soapy water, using a non-abrasive cloth, rinse well and ensure all parts are completely dry before storing.
- To keep it hygienically clean, wash after every use.
- Prefer the dishwasher? That works too. Your ebox bento is dishwasher safe, so for an easy clean pop it in your dishwasher.
- Just chuck it in the wash with like minded pieces and you will have a stylish Furoshiki to last a long time.
- It is not thick, so maybe do not put in the drier.
- Wash your bamboo cutlery set with warm, soapy water, using a non-abrasive cloth, rinse well when is arrives and after a meal.
- Use your supplied cleaning brush to clean your bamboo straw after use for longevity.
Not particularly. Bamboo is used extensively in the kitchen due to its general resilience against things like heat, cold and its ability to remain stain resistant.
However, to make sure it stays looking fresh, regular gentle cleaning is needed to preserve the appearance and integrity of its surface.
Just don’t use harsh cleaners as they will scratch the surface and make it more susceptible to staining.
Yes! Bamboo is microwave safe and foods can be warmed without worry of any toxic chemical leaching into your food. Hi-five!
Absolutely. We intend for our products to last, but sometimes things break. If, after the warranty period, your ebox bento is damaged beyond use, you’ll be able to remove and recycle the silicone seals, and either bury it in the yard or discard the rest of it in general waste. Because unlike plastic, wherever your ebox ends up, it will break down. Great huh?!
Oh yes! We go the extra mile to keep our entire operations sustainable. Meaning we don’t do plastic or excess packaging.
We’d be happy to gift wrap your purchase and include a personalised message, before sending it out to you or your recipient.
eboo provides FREE standard shipping across Australia on all products. And there’s no minimum order.
An express shipping upgrade is available as an optional extra at the checkout.
We’ll have your order on its way to you from Brisbane, within 1-2 business days, and you’ll receive an ETA and tracking link.
If you’d like an ETA prior to placing an order, or require express delivery, please get in touch.
For our friends in remote areas we use Australia Post, for everywhere else, we use Sendle; a registered B Corp and Australia’s first carbon-neutral delivery service.
Yes, we can ship to most international countries. It can take up to 2-5 weeks to have your order delivered, depending on the shipping service selected. Please be aware that some countries can impose custom duty taxes (VAT) depending on the order amount. Please get in touch and we’ll work out the best thing for you.
We believe that by going green at lunchtime and using our no-waste, no-plastic products we can all save on our health and the environment! Typically a family using conventional throw-aways generates approximately 4,320 pieces of trash annually and the disposable packaging costs more than $400 annually!
If you have a new product idea that matches our mission please fill in this form. We would love to hear about it.